The Department of Communication at the University of South Carolina Aiken (USC Aiken) invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor to start August 16, 2018. USC Aiken is a growing and forward-thinking liberal arts university consistently ranked a top public college in the South. We seek an individual with:
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching media writing, visual communication, editing, and digital storytelling.
- Expertise or experience in media studies or digital, emerging, or online media studies with an emphasis in media production.
- Expertise or experience with multimedia, multiplatform, or digital media production preferred.
- Ability to create and/or redesign classes related to our new Digital Arts and Communication concentration.
- Ability, as needed, to support the core communication courses for the major.
- Experience in service-learning, community-based learning or other engaged pedagogies.
- Commitment to personal and professional growth of students, including communication competence, written and oral skills, and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to provide conscientious academic advisement, work well with colleagues and community members, engage in scholarly activity, and provide service to the university, community and/or profession.
Ph.D. required. Preference given to candidates with communication, media studies, or mass communication degrees.
To see the full ad and to apply, please use the link below.